The Volkl Racetiger SL R WC 2020 has shapes and a construction derived directly from the models used on the World Cup circuit. For both FIS and Europa level skiers, the SL R WC skis feature uncompromising technology for the best possible performance. The trademark UVO system is a freely rotating, 360° damper to minimise disruptive ski vibration that can prevent you from holding an edge. The UVO device can move in all directions, leaving you free to focus on the race. A Full Sensor construction utilises hardwood under the binding area with a softer wood torwards the edges. This creates a ski that can put down the power underfoot, yet is still lively and agile enough for lightning quick turns between gates. Compared to the non WC models, the Volkl Racetiger SL R WC 2020 ski features a third layer of titanium to create an incredibly dynamic ski that’s capable of being pushed to it’s limit.
Behind the Volkl Perfect setup is an extremely complex process for optimising all ski components, both individually and in relation to one another. The end result: each ski is unique in its own structure and performance.
- Meets requirements for: Ladies 155/157cm, Men’s 165cm WC/EC/FIS; Master’s.
- Sidecut: 155cm – 113_65_98mm / 157cm – 116_65_100mm / 165cm – 118_65_101mm.
- UVO 3D.
- 10mm (155/157cm) and 14mm (165cm) WC Race Plate.
- Powered by Titanium 3 Layer.
- Race Finish SL.
- Full Camber.
- P-Tex 2510.
- Full Sensor Wood core.
- Race Finish 2: Base 0,7°; Side 87,6° – Factory set up.
- Recommended bindings: Marker X-cell 18.
Multiplayer Woodcore –
Each model contains a unique core that is individually attuned to its intended use and the expected stresses. Volkl diﬀerentiate between a broad range of woods, composites and hybrids based on their construction, thickness proﬁle, stiﬀness and ﬂex behaviour.
Rocker Construction –
Volkl’s Rocker construction is directly integrated into the production cycle, so the rocker shape doesn’t need to be bent afterwards, which makes the matching between the rocker and the other components much more harmonised and precise.
1. Horizontal damping function.
- Building up tip pressure faster.
- Rapid inclination invites the skier to move faster to the inside of the turn.
2. The enhanced vertical function increases damping effect.
- Significantly reduced vibration amplitudes.
- A new level of reliability at extreme edge angles.
Interface + X-cell –
The Marker World Cup Plate works with an hydraulic oil piston, which enables sensational performance on the race track. The piston only reacts to negative ski impacts. This noticeably improves the turn initiation, increases the edge grip and allows more precisely control. Combined with a Marker X-cell Binding, power transmission, control and precision are incredible without any compromises on protection.
Volkl are diﬀerentiating between several diﬀerent ﬁnishes for each ski to ﬁnd the perfect set up for each discipline.