Sweet Protection’s brand new race helmet platform suitable for all disciplines. The Volata represents the latest in FIS approved race helmet development with a brand new variable elasticity thermoplastic shell, front and rear in-moulded Gate Shields to protect the helmet from gate impacts, as well as proven impact shield technology. The Volata is prepared to receive our quick-fit chin guard system for slalom events. The chin guard can be mounted/unmounted in a matter of seconds and is sold separately. Additional features are emergency removal ear pads, and two-piece ear ports for excellent hearing.
- Finally a high-end Race Helmet suitable for all disciplines.
- Our latest technology in FIS-approved race helmets.
- CE EN1077 class A / ASTM2040 / FIS RH 2013.
- Especially crafted for speed and slalom events.
- Quick-fit Chin Guard system to easily get ready for slalom events.
- Emergency removal ear pads.
- Two-piece ear ports for excellent hearing at high speed.
ABS Race Shell –
Sweet Protection’s injection moulded ABS Thermoplastic Shell- Race is very impact resistant through its special rubber toughened construction. The shell is moulded with extreme precision to offer the best performance to weight ratio.
Gate Shields –
EPP (Expanded Polypropylene) with poly-carbonate shells in-moulded into the main EPS liner to protect the shock absorbing structure of the helmet from gate impacts. The Gate Shields are placed both in the front and the back of the helmet, as the gates tend to bend after an impact in the front, and hit the helmet in the back as well.
Impact Shields –
Helmets with Impact Shields feature a moulded shock absorbing EPS liner with Impact Shield inserts that provide unsurpassed performance for shock absorbance. This is our premium impact protection technology. It distributes impact from the inside of the helmet over larger areas in crucial zones where the head needs it (front and back).
Interior Technology –
1. 3D shaped vented lining. Moisture wicking, removable, washable.
2. Quick Release Emergency removal ear pads.
3. Race specific micro adjustment ratchet buckle.
How to measure for your size
To find the right size, wrap a measuring tape around the head, just above the ears (see figure). Try to keep it level front to back. Once you have your measurement, you can use the chart above as a guide. Keep in mind that all Sweet Protection helmets have adjustment systems and are delivered with fit pads to ensure the perfect fit.