Shred’s FIS certfied Basher NoShock ski racing helmet is super tough, durable and low profile. It features Shred’s patent pending RES, a rotational energy management technology that mimics the natural cushioning behavior of the fluid between the skull and the brain and that is the simplest, lightest, and thinnest solution to dissipate oblique forces from any direction. Combined with Slytech’s NoShock technology, a patent pending EPP honeycomb cone structured foam integrated within the impact recovery EPP core of the helmet, the two systems provide an unparalleled synergy against linear and multi-directional forces to the head during impact. The Shred Shield shell is designed with a freeride look and tapered forehead protection against gate impact. It features a soft comfort liner with Aegis Microbe Shielding for anti-bacterial and anti-odor action. Custom fit kit for a perfect fit and removable goggles buckle.
- RES – Shred RES.
- SHRED SHIELD.
- AEGIS® MICROBE SHIELDING – Moisture wicking liner treated with anti-microbial and anti-odor Aegis® Microbe Shield®.
- CUSTOM FIT KIT – An additional set of thicker pads and ear pieces allows you to fine tune the fit of your helmet with several combinations.
- FIT – Designed and engineered to provide a perfect fit in each size size range through extensive field tests, research and data analysis.
- BUCKLE – Quick release, tough and durable precision chinstrap buckle.
- Full compatibility with Shred Basher Chinguards.
- Coforms to FIS RH 2013 rules & regs, includes CONFORMITY STICKER.
- RES – Shred RES, Rotational Energy management System is a patent pending 360-degree flotation technology which helps reduce rotational accelerations to the head during impact by mimicking the natural cushioning behavior of the fluid between the skull and the brain. It is the simplest, lightest, and thinnest solution to dissipate oblique forces from any direction. RES consists of multiple floating contact points between the helmet liner and the foam padding.
- CASIDION – Casidion is a nanotechnology-based impact liner that is thinner and lighter yet provides improved energy absorption in repeated impact situations. Its viscoelastic gas-filled particles respond to repeated hits up to 7 impacts per second. It provides 40% improvement in impact energy reduction absorbed and diverted away from the head compared to traditional EPS helmet liners.
- SHRED SHIELD – The Shred Shield toughened ABS shell is designed with a freeride look and tapered forehead protection against gate impact.